Draft Statement of Faith
Dec 11, 2022
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the divine inspiration of Holy Scripture (Old and New Testaments), its entire trustworthiness and supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- We believe in the value of each human being as created by God, the universal sinfulness of humankind since the fall, which alienates all from God and subjects all to condemnation.
- We believe in the full deity and humanity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal, visible return.
- We believe in the justification of the sinner by the grace of God through faith alone in Christ, whose substitutionary sacrifice is the sole ground of redemption from the guilt, penalty, and power of sin.
- We believe in the illuminating, regenerating, indwelling, and sanctifying work of God, the Holy Spirit, in the believer.
- We believe in the priesthood and equality of all believers. The church exists to worship God and that we are commissioned to go into the world and make disciples.