We have an exceptional opportunity for a dynamic young pastor in Gibsons, British Columbia, a town which has been rated the top world community under 20,000 people by a UN sponsored organization. Our church building and finances are in excellent shape, and we are a friendly church family. Like many churches we experienced losses during the recent pandemic restrictions including most of our Sunday School. Our vision is to reach out to our community, rebuild our congregation and attract a more multi-ethnic and younger population.
Job Title: Office Administrator
Job Purpose: To assist the pastor and elders in the administrative tasks required to carry out the mission statement of Calvary Baptist Church.
Reporting: To the Senior Pastor
- Good administration skills and organizational abilities.
- A pleasant, caring, and co-operative attitude.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Competent in Microsoft Word, Excel, Publisher, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to take direction from the Senior Pastor and Church Board.
- Ability to initiate tasks and work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in regard to sensitive personal or church issues.
- Ability to assist with church bookkeeping.
- Ability to update website (Word Press) and Facebook.
- Exhibiting growth in Christian faith; living a life consistent with Christian teaching.
- Criminal Record Check.
- Managing and maintaining master calendar for all church activities, ministries, and building use.
- Performing or overseeing duties including: preparation and distribution of weekly bulletin, bi-monthly ministry schedules, annual reports, church directory, updating of membership lists, mail distribution, typing, filing, correspondence, answering the phone and placing calls, and upkeep of the admin office.
- Ordering all material supplies for offices and janitorial needs.
- Overseeing building use and rental of church space.
- Assisting in arranging provisions for special church events and programs.
- Assisting and liaising with the Church Board and the Church Treasurer in coordinating expense items and budgeted funds.
- Assisting in church bookkeeping, as required.
- Count and enter donations then make bank deposits.
- Provide assistance for various ministries in office tasks.
- Keep website and Facebook UpToDate.
- Oversee rental of community garden plots.
Job Details: 4 hours per day, 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM Tuesday to Friday with flexibility as required. Salary commensurate with experience
3 month probation period
To Apply: Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org